Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Restaurants, STDs, and COPS

What a Super Bowl we witnessed Sunday evening, as Aaron Rogers and Green Bay absolutely stappled their pages in the NFL history books. How about a lackluster performance by an all-the-sudden seemingly overrated quarterback in "Big" Ben Roethlisberger. Almost ten months after a felony criminal act- the deflowering of a sober woman,without consent- Big Ben played like a fibber. It make sense, as he underthrew and most often overthrew his recievers, in Ben's tied for 3rd most important NFL game, costing Pittsburgh the Super Bowl. But my overall feelings are of great satisfaction for the Green Bay area and their fan base. The best word to describe this group, classy, probably the classiest fans in the National Football League with arguably the classiest history and group of football players including my favorite college player in history, Charles Woodson. Though Woodson was unable to continue to play the remainder of the game, after laying out defending a pass and breaking his colar bone, he got exactly what he's worked his entire life to achieve-two years after being named Defensive MVP- the Lombardi Trophy. Congratulations to Mr. Woodson and company. After sustaining countless injuries to prevail and complete a sustaining circle they'll be rewarded with a big ol' shiney one.

Driving home Monday morning I had a sudden hatred for police officers, again, as a squad car pulled out  of a side street behind me, followed and proceded to exceed the speed limit by 25, 65 in a 40 mph zone- I know because I couldn't catch up myself at 60mph- I wanted to call him in but as his two taillights began merging into one, determined to exploit another unsuspecting inebriated citizen, I arived on the street where I needed to turn on to get home. I had an argument concerning this when I arrived home, and I couldn't outweigh my pride for freedom. I felt so trapped out there on the streets, like a fish frozen above water. I can't wrap my head around such a business as profoundly humiliative as an arresting officer- sounds so respectful- who carries weapons around to enforce what he believes on network and public institutionalized systems run my corrupt politicians and their masters. It's simply non-sense making.

I'm working on not judging, which has personally been a huge issue over the last couple of years. I was exposed to a negative side of my peer group while attending the KU college in Lawrence in 2007-2008 and not to entirely blame that period of time and the demographic, but I was influenced by my exposure while I try not to make excuses for accidents and mistakes. This past week I called someone big boned in a discriminatory way and payed for it. It's unfortunate for both parties and while those close to me encourage me to move on and promote a better faith, I can't help but to rely on being discouraged about the situation. I'm planning on a formal apology letter to the person I rudely commented on. It sort of comes back to the whole police issue I have as well. It's an athoritative issue, one which I have regorous hatred for because of not being reprimanded correctly at some point earlier in life. But now its conscious little head is beginning to poke through for my present-future betterment.
We can't go around demeaning and belittling others, no matter what the situation, we can't as a people with society the way it is, go around doing whatever we want; it's toxic for everyone. Our morals need to be enshrined around politeness, humor, a sense of self reality and the ones we grow in, but we also have to strive to be compassionate towards other's and show situational discretion, we shouldn't be brought upon by the 7 sins because in reality they shape that which hurts the most.

4 minutes 'till 1 O'Clock, g'night

No comments:

Post a Comment